What is CSCS?
CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry. CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification.
What is the minimum card requirement?
The Green card
How do I get a green card?
A one day Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment coupled with a CSCS test is a mandatory qualification.
Why do I need this qualification?
This qualification provides an essential foundation in health and safety matters which are relevant to working in the construction industry and will ensure the basic safety standards are understood and adhered to.
What will I learn?
- The importance of legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety including injuries, ill-health and fatalities in construction
- Slips and trips
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Work equipment including personal protective equipment
- Manual handling
- Working at height
- Electricity, fire, vibration, noise, hazardous substance
- Alcohol and drugs
- Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
- Reporting accidents and ill health
- Emergencies and first aid
**As a leading accredited training provider we train to the standards required by the RQF**